Friday, May 23, 2014

Maritime DSP and Unscripted Sketches 257

Good Day! Thanks for stopping by. Today I am using Unscripted Sketches Challenge #257. Here is the Challenge:


For my card, I used Coastal Cabana as my card base. I also used the "New" Maritime DSP (that is a sneak Peek for you!). I am a Nautical "anything" person, and I have to tell you fellow Nautical lovers, this DSP is great! I picked three pieces that I liked for the challenge and trimmed them to copy the image! I then used a piece Night of Navy card stock to span across and under the DSP. I then cut a piece of Real Red card stock into a banner shape. I trimmed another piece of Maritime DSP that had flags and attached to the Real Red banner. I then used a stamp from Occasional Quotes, and masked off the word 'always' and stamped the 'thinking of you' in Night of Navy onto a piece of Whisper White card stock and trimmed to fit onto the Real Red banner too. I then attached the banner to the card. This was a fun card to make! I used another piece of the Maritime DSP with the flags to run across the bottom of the inside of the card, just to finish the card! It looked good! So here is my card, What do you think?

 
I changed up the challenge by attaching my banner to the top of the card instead of where the sketch shows. I really didn't want to cover up the cute octopus! By the way there will be a "New" Stamp set with this little octopus! The name of it is, Sea Street. You are going to Love it!

2 comments:

Billie A said...

Very nice card and paper choices. thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted sketches for our sketch challenge.

Rebecca Ednie said...

Very lovely card. Thank You for playing with us at Unscripted Sketches this week! I hope you will join us next week!