Sunday, May 11, 2014

Last Card for the Mother's Day Marathon!

This is the last card I am doing today. I had a great Mother's Day just stamping away today. I was trying to get challenges done before tomorrow. I did pretty good! All done till next week! This was my Mother's Day gift....Stamp all day! I had a brunch at my sisters with my Mother and her Daughters (my Sisters), her Grandchildren, and her Great-Grandchildren! My Father wrote a beautiful tribute to Mom about when he first met Mom 61yrs ago. Yup, we all puddled up and our eyes were leaking!! So sweet to see he is still madly in love with her! Then I came home and have been stamping up a storm and I am going to call it a night after this. I have to say I have had a blast doing all these, they may not be perfect, but they were fun to do!

On to the 2 challenges for this post. I combined Freshly Made Sketches #135 and Card Concept #9 Monochromatic, Purple. This was really a tough one for me, but I think it turned out OK!


 
Here is my card:
 

I pulled out every piece of purple card stock I had! The base is Wisteria Wonder. The next layer up is Concord Crush. The layer under the flowers and sentiment is Perfect Plum. Banners are Perfect Plum and Rich Razzleberry. The Ribbon is Rich Razzleberry too. The Flowers stamped from the Stampin'Up! stamp set Fabulous Florets. I colored the flowers in with watercolor pencils that are Stampin'Up!,  but are discontinued. I used the two purples in the kit and the blended them with the Blender Pen. I then took the Blender Pen and touched it to the Concord Crush Marker and blended over the flowers. When I had done them with the pencils, they looked purple but leaning to the pink side. Now they are purple! Or course the leaves are green, Gumball Green. I added some pearls to the card's upper right corner and also to the Modern Label on each side of the sentiment. The pearls made it.

Well I am going to chill out with a small glass of wine and then hit the bed. Tomorrow IS another day!

                                                                    Blessings to you all!
 

4 comments:

Ne-Ja said...

Nice card :).

Greetings,
Ne-Ja

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!

Amy O said...

The flowers are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Rose said...

Pretty card, Cheryl! Thanks for stopping by my blog today, too :)