Saturday, May 24, 2014

Graduation Card and PPA205 Sketch Challenge

Good Day to you all! Hope it is a good one so far! Doing the Laundry and messing with cards in between the loads. Anyone need a quick Graduation Card? This one is an easy and quick card to make. Using PPA205 sketch and bits of paper!!!! This wasn't hard at all!

Here's the sketch:

 
When I get my DSP the first thing I do is cut the papers down to 4" X 5 1/4". I put them in a zip lock freezer bag and label the bag with the name of the DSP, and the coordinating card stock colors. When I finish cutting my DSP, I have leftover pieces of cardstock measuring 1 1/2" X 4". I save them with it's larger sheets. I used those strips cut down to 3/4" on the card, for the 3 cross strips. On one strip I cut a strip of Whisper White card stock and adhered to the DSP piece. I stamped the sentiment (from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set) in Real Red, and I stamped an anchor (from Sea Street stamp set) next to the sentiment. The circle I used the Big Shot Bigz Die named Circles 2 and cut out the largest of the circles. Onto that circle I freehand cut pieces of card stock to make the little sailboat, using Night of Navy and Real Red card stock. The base of the card is Real Red cardstock. I finished the inside with the Whisper White cardstock and stamped 2 anchors, one in upper right corner of card and one on lower left hand side of the card. but were stamped in Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad ink. These instructions sound harder than they really are!
 
Here is the card:
 
 
Here is a peek at the inside:

 
Thank you for taking a look, hope this helps to make that quick card you may need! This card also could be a Bon Voyage, Birthday, Retirement....you can change the sentiment to whatever it is you need for this quick card.
 

No comments: