Thursday, May 15, 2014

Color Me #20 Color Challenge and FTL 292 Sketch Challenge

Today I combined these two challenges. First the Sketch Challenge I got off the Clean and Simple Blog. Second is the Color Me # 20 Color Challenge of Crushed Curry, Midnight Muse, and a Neutral. For the Neutral I picked Basic Black but I also used Very Vanilla.

Here's the Sketch FTL292:
 
Here is the Color Challenge from Color Me #20 (CMCC no 20)
 
Here's my card:


Card base is Midnight Muse and the Panel is grounded in Crushed Curry and Basic Black. I used Very Vanilla to stamp the Coral and the Fish And the sentiment. So I ended up using two neutrals, Basic Black and Very Vanilla. I tried white, but it just looked to stark in contrast. I used a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder for the bottom half of the card. I thought it looked like bubbles from the fish! I also stamped the inside on Very Vanilla to attach to the card and realized, I had stamped it on the wrong orientation! So, when all else fails, make another card! Below is a second card I made using Island Indigo with Garden Green and Very Vanilla. I also ticked in with Island Indigo some little lines to make it look like the fish are wiggling. The coral is stamped in, Calypso Coral! and the fish is Island Indigo and the Seahorse is a mix of Island Indigo and Cajun Craze.

Here is the card:
 
Now I have to go stamp the inside, correctly for the challenge cards!
 
Have a great day and Blessings to you all!
 

2 comments:

Katie Melhus said...

Great masculine card - those embossed "bubbles" work great with the fish image! Thanks for joining us this week at Colour Me...!

Tara Bourgoin said...

What a great birthday card! The embossing on the bottom us absolutely perfect and matches the theme so well :) Great use of the colours this week! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me...!