Monday, May 26, 2014

Always Playing with Paper Challenge #7 and Late Night Stampers Challenge #240

Hello! How is everyone's Memorial Day Celebrations going! Hope you are having a great time with family and friends! Let us all take at least one moment in remembrance of all the Brave Men and Women of the Military who are serving and who have served, and those that gave their all. Amen.

Today is a day of Celebration. So I thought it appropriate to make a card to celebrate the unofficial start of Summer, Memorial Day Weekend!

Today I am combining two challenges:
Always Playing with Paper Challenge # 7, Watercolor.
I used Stampin Write Markers and Blender Pens to get a watercolor effect on all the shellfish and shell.

The Late Night Stampers Challenge #240 is Crystal Effects.
 
Here are a few Pics of my card:
 
 
I used the 'By the Seashore' Stamp Set fro Stampin'Up!
 
Here's the card! I colored at the stamp images then applied Crystal Effects and let it dry, then I fussy cut each one out. Even the shell on the inside. There is another shell in the lower left side.

 
Here is bit more of the close up. The 'net' was made by pulling strings out of some burlap ribbon. I then lay them all out and wove then together to look like a net. Once woven, I taped one end with tape. I then sprayed the weave with hairspray to hold it together. I let it dry, then laid the net on the card with some snail runner on the card front and stuck the net to that. I then sprinkled clear emboss powder and heat embossed. that helped hold it to card. When I finished fussy cutting the lobster, crab, starfish, sand dollar, and shells. With mini glue dots I attached the Seaside fare! I put the two shells that also were made and attached them to the inside of the card. The sentiment is cut out stamped Slate Gray and I used Mrs. Grossman's Classic Alphabet to make the sign. I cut and used the colons from Mrs. Grossman's and attached to sentiment to make them look like nails.

 
Here is a good look at the items that are glossed from Crystal Effects!
I hope you enjoyed these cards as much as I did making them!
Blessings for your day today!!
 


No comments: