Friday, May 30, 2014

A Wedding Cake for Nancy

Good Day! I can't believe I got such a late start today! I told you before that I call my Parents to get them up, perhaps today, they should have called me!
I was up late last evening making a card!!! That would explain it! Sometimes I get inspired late at night and I just have to go with the flow.

My card today is for FTL293 and a HSSSC186 Sketch Challenge.

 The Theme Challenge is from Clean and Simple labeled FTL293. The theme is 'Make a Wedding Cake'.
One of their members is getting married tomorrow! Her name is Nancy.

This is the HSSSC186 Sketch Challenge:



I have to confess...I do not like the chevron thing, that is popular. I was looking through the new DSP called 'Lullaby'...They have one sheet that is chevron. I was not happy. But a funny thing happened on the way to the craft bench. The Lullaby DSP papers were just laying on the bench and I suddenly had a 'A hah' click into my head.

Here's my 'A hah' card for a wedding card:


 
I have to admit it is different for a Wedding Cake, But, I have started to court the Chevron!
 
The base is Sahara Sand. I used the Lullaby DSP for the Cake and the banners on the card. I used a
 thin white ribbon, from my stash. I used Stampin'Up! Jewels Basic Pearls on top of the ribbon to border the cake. I punched out two hearts with the heart punch from the 'Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack', and added the larger of the pearls to the hearts. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, stamped in Crumb Cake Ink.
 
After I got the card together, I started to like the chevrons. I am going to make myself use them, and perhaps maybe we will fall in love and marry!
 
Have a Fun Friday Day!

4 comments:

chera said...

very fun!

stampinbygenny.com said...

Great idea for a wedding card! I love how you created wedding cake. So cute! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Very good idea. I like it.

Erika Clark said...

Ooh, that is a beautiful and unusual birthday cake. The patterned paper reminds me of when you marbleize frosting! I like the little peek at the nicely finished inside too. Thanks for playing at HSS! Erika