Monday, April 21, 2014

Woman's Day Magazine Pillow Inspiration

I must have stared at this picture at what seems forever...and...What looked like an easy do, wasn't!
 
 

I first cut out mini triangles, nope that didn't work. I cut those mini triangles in half to make smaller triangles...no did not look good at all, sweep off the table and into the trash! The rounded squares thing was throwing me off...then...did you see the light bulb go off? OVALS! So I punched out 2 of every blue I picked for the card, then I put the oval back into the punch and snipped off the ends and saved them and glued to the ovals, doing a complete contrast thing. Then I placed the ovals on the card randomly, and glued down. I stamped the flower in Night of Navy Ink onto So Saffron cardstock, and fussy cut the flower out. I stamped the sentiment onto whisper white and punched out with the oval punch and then punched out the scallop from the So Saffron.



All products are Stampin'Up! unless noted.

Cardstock: Night of Navy, Marina Mist, Island Indigo, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, and So Saffron.
Punches: Small oval and small  scallop.
Ink: Night of Navy
Framelits:  Secret Garden for the leaves behind flower
Stamp Set: Peaceful Petals for flower and Sentiment

Thanks for peeking and hope to see you again!

2 comments:

Julia said...

I really like this. How creative of you. Great job.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for checking it out! I am so going to get into this. I am having a blast!