Sunday, April 20, 2014

Better Homes and Garden Inspiration Photo

Well my little experiment with this blog, that is very new to me, is going ok for now. There is still room for improvement, but I am getting there!

Today I went through several magazines and gleaned some pictures from them to use as inspirations for making some cards. Some pages ripped out were for color combos or even layout designs. Today I have made a card that reflects the colors and textures in a room with a window alcove. I loved the shade the was pictured and right away thought of something I saw on someone else's blog. Forgive me but I cannot remember, but I had the design memory jogged. The person on the other blog used a cap from the Tombow Multipurpose Glue as a stamp. I used the lid too, to reflect the pattern in the curtain topper in the photo below. I also mimicked it in the embossing folder by Darice.

Stampin'Up! cardstock colors: Night of Navy, Whisper White and Smokey Slate
Stampin'Up! Classic Stampin Pad colors: Night of Navy, Gumball Green, and Pumpkin Pie
Darice embossing folder
Stampin'Up! Punches: Modern Label and Word Window
Stampin'Up! Stamp sets: Sentiment-Best of Greetings, Leaves and Flowers-Flower Fest tamp Set

See my creation!

I picked up the Orange and the green from the rug in the picture. Sorry the inspiration photo is light but I took quite a few and this was the best of the bunch!


No comments: