Friday, April 25, 2014

PPA201 Fabulous Florets SS and Watercolor Wonder DSP

Well I did try the Paper Pals Sketch challenge and I have to say this one took quite a bit longer to do for me. I am really stepping way out of my comfort zone. I mean I was sweating! No it wasn't a hot flash! I was really working this One! So here is the sketch.

 
Looks pretty simple? I think what kept throwing me off was #3. And I was not really getting the placing of #'s 1&2. But then I remember reading somewhere along the lines of blog hopping,  many participants have flipped, flopped, rotated or maybe gyrated!!! But these challenges are all open to interpretation of the crafter!
So here are my cards. I again, did a vertical and a horizontal of the challenge design.
 

 
I used Crisp Cantaloupe and Crushed Curry for card stock. DSP is Watercolor Wonder. I stamped the leaves in the background with the leaf from Fabulous Florets in Daffodil Delight and Crisp Cantaloupe. I stamped the flowers with the Fabulous Florets Stamp Set in Daffodil Delight daubed with Crushed Curry, and Crisp Cantaloupe daubed over Tangerine Tango. The camera didn't do well in the fact that I was following the shades for the flowers on the DSP. In person it looks much better. The camera did this no justice. Even the colors are off. 
 
For Christmas this year I am going to request a new camera. And a better set up to photograph my cards. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your input!

No comments: