Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easter Card 2014

Easter Card 2014

This is my first post in well, forever! Am trying to learn how to do the blog. That is one of my goals to learn before I return to work after Back Surgery.

This is my Easter Card for my large extended Family this year.





 
 
I used Stampin'Up! Chocolate Bunny (now retired). I stamped in versamark onto Chocolate Chip card stock and embossed in clear embossing powder. Fussy cut it out and put a pink bow made out of ribbon I purchased at Michael's. The basket I made out of burlap ribbon I also got at Michael's. I wove the burlap onto Crumb Cake card stock and then cut it to size shown. The Oval was cut out of Daffodil Delight with Framelits Ovals Collection, largest oval that is scalloped.
The eggs were stamped from Nature Walk Stamp Set and then colored with Watercolor Wonder Crayons in chosen colors, and fussy cut out. The grass is CVS brand paper Easter grass cut up smaller and Stampin'Up! Sticky Strip used across the top of basket and then dipped into cut up grass!
The ovals were pierced with Stampin'Up! Occasions Paper Piercing Pack oval template, single on the inside and double on the front. The inside sentiment is from Easter Blossoms stamp set from last years Occasions Catalog. Sorry the sets are retired, but it takes me awhile to put together my original visions that make me purchase the stamps or stamp sets. After all we will use these stamps over and over again when we buy them! I used mini "Glue Dots" I also purchased from Michael's, to adhere the bunny and basket to oval. I also used the glue dots to adhere the bunny, eggs, and one for the basket handle at the top, this will help flatten to be able to mail!

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

This is a wonderful card! So glad you have your blog up & running...you've shared some cool stuff so far! Keep up the good work! Enter into some challenges and you'll be getting lots of readers soon! If you need helping linking, just let me know!! Also, you might want to turn off your word verification (I can help you with that too if need be) as it deters comments!!!