Saturday, April 26, 2014

Do Over to PPA 201, Mother's Day and Father's Day Cards and another Masculine Card

I went to bed last night after posting and had real nagging thoughts about the cards I had just posted. So after I got up this am and got my early morning stuff out of the way, I came into my craft area and stared at the cards, and voila! I removed the Crushed Curry tab #3 and recut and added The same tab, unstamped, in Daffodil Delight. I so like this better! These will also go into my stash for Mother's Day. I just have to add the sentiment. I have many Mother's Day cards to send out, to Friends too!
 
Here also are some cards I had done previously for Mother's Day too. Besides my Great Mother, I have three Wonderful Sisters and three equally Wonderful Sister-in-laws. I'm not saying who will get which card.
 

I believe you all can tell that I loved the Watercolor Wonder DSP! I also used many of Stampin'Up! floral stamp sets: Fabulous Florets, Peaceful Petals, Secret Garden, Fast and Fabulous, and even Growing Green (Love that rose). Also the card below I used these flower sets on. However this little guy below,  I used a different DSP from my stash. So sorry I do not remember the name or the maker of that dsp.

 
 
 
Before I figured out this blog...fellow Stamper Mike from Stampin Stylin, (hope I have that right) was having a blog hop with The Open Sea and I had e-mailed him my two cards that I had done. Mike told me that they were worthy for his blog as I didn't think I was ready to show any work I had done, because, I had CASEd them. I did change them up a bit to make them mine. Mike told me that everyone does that and the change ups are what make them ours, just give credit where credit is due. I am going to show them, but I cannot give credit where it is due, because I cannot remember who's original work this was. I got the ideas off Splitcoaststampers. I did not have them on the blog hop because I didn't know about blog hops other than hoping and enjoying everyone's work! Below was my Hubsters Anniversary Card from me and my Dad's Birthday Card! Two for the work of one!
A little secret of mine...when I make cards I usually make 2-3 at a time. I have a very Large family and I am forever needing cards!
 
 
World Map and The Open Sea. I went online to learn how to tie the Sailor's knot! Which was done with the Silver Baker's Twine. I embossed the anchor in Stampin' Emboss Pewter and fussy cut it out and attached with hemp cord just above the Sailors knot. To color in the map I used Stampin'Up! Watercolor Wonder Crayons and used Stampin'Up! Blender Pens. Also fussy cut that compass rose and attached with snail.
 
 
This will be the Father's Day Cards. Again I tied a sailor's knot, but with the hemp cord this time, and wrapped around the edge of the High Tide DSP. Punched the three circles and attached. The globe from The Open Sea SS is stamped twice. Once on the Early Espresso circle and then on Whisper White. I did not have a punch large enough for the whole globe, that is why I stamped the brown first and then added the smaller stamped white, carefully lining up the two images. Looks like I meant it that way! I really liked it and thought it added a unique look. It's all Good!
Well Thank you for staying with me through this! Hope you enjoyed. After all, this is to inspire you, to either CASE it for your own OR to enjoy that you were CASEd!
Blessings to all of you!
Cheryl
 

 

2 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Don't you just love The Open Sea for masculine cards? Love the way you've colored in the map too--so clever. And you sailor's knot is wonderful--must try that. You've been a busy bee with all those pretty flower cards too--the recipients will love them. Thanks for stopping by my blog today too! Cheers!

Stampin Dj said...

Your floral cards are gorgeous!