Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Amazing You and The Open Sea

I just can't seem to stop!!! Another magazine inspiration photo. What do you think? Looks a little crazy, and yes, I did stare at it for quite awhile and then I decided on the three colors: Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy, Smokey Slate, and Whisper White. Then if you look real close, on the jug with the mustache and on the napkins, it says 'travel'. Also under the jug looks to be a compass star, that is the tablecloth. So then I thought of 'The Open Sea' Stamp set. Viola! The colors and the Stamp set were chosen. Now what can I do for a layout? Sha-boom!  Freshly Made Sketches! (FMS133).  So as Emril would say, "BAM!" Hope you like it. I'm kinda happy that I am starting to get some stuff together!

This is the magazine inspiration photo:

 
This is Freshly Made Sketches (FMS133) Layout

 
Here's my card.

 
I used Stampin'Up! Big Shot 3" Circle Die. I folded Night of Navy in half and then centered on the Die and ran it through the Big Shot. The banner is a 3/4" strip that I trimmed with the 1" square punch to make the notch. The world stamp was stamped in Smokey Slate and the ship was stamped in Night of Navy. The sentiment is from the "Express Yourself" Stamp Set from Stampin'Up!
 
Thanks for checking in and Blessings to you and yours!

7 comments:

Jen said...

Fantastic fusion of our sketch and your magazine inspiration! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Patti said...

BAM!! you created a beautiful card!! : )

Patti

BLOG CANDY! at my blog : ) For a chance to win simply stop by and leave a comment on my latest post! Hope to see you there : )

Cheryl said...

Thank you Ladies! I almost feel like, well, a winner! Thanks again and let's all keep doing this stuff we love and sharing it!!!!!
Patti went your blog and was blown away with your take on the sketch. Hot Dang!
Jen love your blog and will keep visiting!

Becky said...

Hey girl, good for you. Wonderful card.

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Glad to see you start blogging! Love your projects.

Cheryl said...

Thanks Ms Becky! I'm finally able to sit and work at this! It is going to keep my mind busy waiting to see the Dr and scheduling my back surgery. Message me back on facebook or give me a call at my home! Love you much.
Mamia, Thanks you also for commenting and I am on my way to peek at your blog!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Cheryl this card is totally cool - I just love the colours you've used and this stamp works perfectly with Cindy's sketch. I also love how you found your inspiration for colours - I do this sometimes too! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!